You will learn how to apply web scraping to collect dam level data from a website.
You will then build a model, that you will use to plot the dam level data on a map using leaflet.
You will learn how to use the Django Template Engine instead of Ajax, to pass data from the back-end to the front-end.
You will learn how to build a spatial database using PostgreSQL.
You will also learn how to build a small dashboard that floats over your map, which will contain graphs that will visualize your model.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the course FREE PREVIEW
- Data and code to download
- Lesson 2: Installing PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Lesson 3: Creating the Database
- Lesson 4: Installing Django in a Python virtual environment
- Lesson 5: Installing the ATOM IDE
- Lesson 6: Creating the Django Base Project
- Lesson 7: Adding the Database Configuration to settings.py file
- Lesson 8: Creating a Model in models.py
- Lesson 9: Extracting Data from the Web
- Lesson 10: Cleaning and Transforming the Data Part 1
- Lesson 11: Cleaning and Transforming the Data Part 2
- Lesson 12: Loading the Data into the Model
- Lesson 13: Adding the Web Tile Service Link in settings.py
- Lesson 14: Reading from the Model and Creating a GeoJSON Dataset
- Lesson 15: Adding Template Files the HTML files
- Lesson 16: Adding a Layout and the Base Map
- Lesson 17: Plotting Circle Markers
- Lesson 18: Creating a Sliding Sidebar
- Lesson 19: Creating a Doughnut Chart
- Lesson 20: Creating a Multi-Bar Bar Chart
- Lesson 21: Creating a KPI
Data Engineer and business intelligence email@example.com
Based on Block-chain Certificates of Completion
After you successfully finish the course, you can claim your Certificate of Completion with NO extra cost! You can add it to your CV, LinkedIn profile etc
Available at any time! Study at your best time
We know hard it is to acquire new skills. All our courses are self paced.
Online and always accessible
Even when you finish the course and you get your certificate, you will still have access to course contents! Every time an Instructor makes an update you will be notified and be able to watch it for FREE