This video course is a detailed walkthrough guide of the European Space Agency (ESA) Sentinels Application Platform (SNAP) software.
A common architecture for all Sentinel Toolboxes is being jointly developed by Brockmann Consult, Array Systems Computing and C-S called the Sentinel Application Platform (SNAP).
The SNAP architecture is ideal for Earth Observation processing and analysis due the following technological innovations: Extensibility, Portability, Modular Rich Client Platform, Generic EO Data Abstraction, Tiled Memory Management, and a Graph Processing Framework.
This video course is structured in a way to get easily familiar with the software. Real Sentinel-1 (SAR) and Sentinel-2 (Optical) images are used during the entire course.
The functionality and modules of SNAP are applied on these images in order to understand exactly how to operate SNAP!
Just follow the steps described in each video course and you will become a SNAP expert in a fraction of time!
Enhance your knowledge of Earth Observation and Remote Sensing along the way!
Check out the curriculum for the detailed contents of this video course!
- Lesson 1: Download Sentinel-1 SAR Images from ESA's SchiHub portal FREE TRIAL
- Lesson 2: Download Sentinel-2 Multispectral Images from ESA's SchiHub portal
- Lesson 3: Open Sentinel-1 SAR images FREE TRIAL
- Lesson 4: Open Sentinel-2 Optical images
- Lesson 5: ESA's SNAP software controls (Part 1)
- Lesson 6: ESA's SNAP software controls (Part 2)
- Lesson 7: Profile Plot Control
- Lesson 8: Scatter Plot Control
- Lesson 9: Spectral Plot Control
- Lesson 10: Compute Statistic of the data
- Lesson 11: Display RGB composites and Histogram manipulation FREE TRIAL
- Lesson 12: Histogram Manipulation (Part 1)
- Lesson 13: Histogram Manipulation (Part 2)
- Lesson 14: SNAP multiple data views
- Lesson 15: Band Filtering
- Lesson 16: Create Terrain Mask using Sentinel-2 images
- Lesson 17: Calculate Mask Statistics
- Lesson 18: Compute Fractional Coverage of Land & Sea
- Lesson 19: Mask out Land or Sea from Sentinel-2 images
- Lesson 20: Calculate Texture on Raster Data
- Lesson 21: Raster Band Math Operator
- Lesson 22: Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Lesson 23: Unsupervised Classification of Sentinel-2 images
- Lesson 24: Subsetting an image
- Lesson 25: Resampling Raster Data
- Lesson 26: Reprojecting Raster Data
- Lesson 27: SAR Apply Orbit File
- Lesson 28: SAR Single Speckle Filtering
- Lesson 29: SAR Radiometric Calibration
- Lesson 30: SAR Geometric Terrain Correction
- Lesson 31: SAR Application: Oil Spill Detection
- Lesson 32: SAR Application: Wind Field Estimation
- Lesson 33: SAR Application: Ship Detection
- Lesson 34: SAR Application: Urban Despeckle
- Lesson 35: Sentinel-2 Spectral Unmixing
- Lesson 36: Sentinel-2 Radiance to Reflectance
- Lesson 37: Thematic Land Processing: Biophysical Processor
- Lesson 38: Thematic Land Processing: Soil Radiometric Indices
- Lesson 39: Thematic Land Processing: Water Radiometric Indices
- Lesson 40: Thematic Land Processing: Vegetation Radiometric Indices
Basic SNAP data handling operations
Optical Image Processing
Sentinel-1 Ocean and Urban Applications
Raster data management
RADAR Image Processing
Sentinel-2 Thematic Land and Sea Processing
Basic knowledge of Earth Observation or GIS is optional
A simple laptop or desktop computer to follow the course's steps
Under/post graduate students
Professionals and Companies
Master students and PhD candidates
Researchers and Academics
Based on Block-chain Certificates of Completion
After you successfully finish the course, you can claim your Certificate of Completion with NO extra cost! You can add it to your CV, LinkedIn profile etc
Available at any time! Study at your best time
We know hard it is to acquire new skills. All our courses are self paced.
Online and always accessible
Even when you finish the course and you get your certificate, you will still have access to course contents! Every time an Instructor makes an update you will be notified and be able to watch it for FREE