This is an introductory course that aims to familiarise the students with the applications and services that have been developed by the National Observatory of Athens (NOA) using the knowledge, data, software and infrastructure of the Greek Sentinel Mirror Site and the Beyond Ground Segment.
Initially the course includes an introduction to the HNSDMS and then we describe some of the capabilities that are available for students around the world to use a specialised cloud environment to kick start their carriers in Earth Observation.
Finally we present some of the services that NOA have developed over the years that are related to emergency situations like fires, floods and earthquakes.
- Lesson 1: About Hellenic National Sentinel Data Mirror Site (HNSDMS)
- Lesson 2: HNSDMS Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: HNSDMS Usage Statistics
- Lesson 4: The EO Toolkit Linux Image
- Lesson 5: EO Toolkit VM creation procedure
- Lesson 6: What infrastructure has been developed to deploy services?
- Lesson 7: FireHub – Burn Scar Mapping
- Lesson 8: Floods Hub
- Lesson 9: GeoSynchronizer & GeoHub
- Lesson 10: Agricultural monitoring applications
Based on Block-chain Certificates of Completion
After you successfully finish the course, you can claim your Certificate of Completion with NO extra cost! You can add it to your CV, LinkedIn profile etc
Available at any time! Study at your best time
We know hard it is to acquire new skills. All our courses are self paced.
Online and always accessible
Even when you finish the course and you get your certificate, you will still have access to course contents! Every time an Instructor makes an update you will be notified and be able to watch it for FREE