Get started today!
Familiarise yourself with the most important features of LaTeX
LaTeX is a high-quality document preparation system and it is available as a free software. It is commonly used for writing, editing and designing scientific documents, technical reports, PhD thesis and books of broad audience. It is very efficient in terms of managing references to multiple sections, figures, tables and equations and for that reason, it has been widely used in science and education.
GEO University aims to offer a series of LaTeX courses, which will include step-by-step tutorials.
This is the first course on LaTex and it will equip you with the appropriate skills to efficiently write reports on LaTeX with images, contents, tables and more. You may download the pdf file that we will create together step-by-step during this course. Enroll to the trial and download the pdf file!
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to download the source code of the document created.
- Lesson 1: Installation of dependencies
- Lesson 2: Overview of the Integrated Development Interface used in this course
- Lesson 3: My first LaTeX document
- Geo University LaTex Course
- Download the LaTeX document FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 4: How to include the main title of the document FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 5: How to modify author name, style and date
- Lesson 6: How to divide text into sections and subsections
- Lesson 7: How to refer to sections within the document
- Lesson 8: Bullet point list
- Lesson 9: Numbered list
- Lesson 10: How to include external packages
- Lesson 11: Include maths within text
- Lesson 12: Non-inline mathematical equations
- Lesson 13: Fractions
- Lesson 14: Formatting and powers
- Lesson 15: Square root and the sum symbol
- Lesson 16: Adding my first image to the document
- Lesson 17: Modifying size and alignment of the image
- Lesson 18: Caption
- Lesson 19: Referring to figures within text and last adjustments
- Lesson 20: My first table in LaTeX and text alignment within table
- Lesson 21: Vertical and horizontal lines of tables
- Lesson 22: Formatting table; captions, labels, cantering
- Lesson 23: How to create contents
- Lesson 24: What will be taught in the next LaTex course
Efficient and effective document writing in LaTeX
Inclusion and management of multiple figures within a text
How to create and format tables
Management of titles, sections and subsection
Usage of mathematical equations
Automate creation of table of contents Referencing sections, tables, figures and equations within text
Under/post graduate students
Professionals and Companies
Master students and PhD candidates
Researchers and Academics
Based on Block-chain Certificates of Completion
After you successfully finish the course, you can claim your Certificate of Completion with NO extra cost! You can add it to your CV, LinkedIn profile etc
Available at any time! Study at your best time
We know hard it is to acquire new skills. All our courses are self paced.
Online and always accessible
Even when you finish the course and you get your certificate, you will still have access to course contents! Every time an Instructor makes an update you will be notified and be able to watch it for FREE
Remote Sensing Researcher and Software Developermilto_miltiadou@hotmail.com
Overview of LiDAR; system variations, data interpretation & applicationsGain an in-depth understanding of LiDAR concepts, systems and algorithms
ESA Sentinel Application Platform TutorialBecome an expert of SNAP with this step-by-step video course
Google Earth Engine for Remote Sensing and GIS applicationsBecome an Expert on GEE. Extend your GIS and EO processing to a planetary level!