Get started now!
You won’t regret it!
You don't want to spend 100s and 1000s of dollars on buying commercial software for imagery analysis and GIS ?
The next step for you is to gain proficiency in satellite remote sensing data analysis and GIS using GEE, a cloud based endeavor by Google that can help process several petra-byte of imagery data
MY COURSE IS A HANDS ON TRAINING WITH REAL REMOTE SENSING AND GIS DATA ANALYSIS WITH GOOGLE EARTH ENGINE- A planetary-scale platform for Earth science data & analysis; powered by Google's cloud infrastructure. !
My course provides a foundation to carry out PRACTICAL, real-life remote sensing and GIS analysis tasks in this powerful cloud-supported paltform . By taking this course, you are taking an important step forward in your GIS journey to become an expert in geospatial analysis.
Why Should You Take My Course?
I am an Oxford University MPhil (Geography and Environment) graduate. I also completed a PhD at Cambridge University (Tropical Ecology and Conservation).
I have several years of experience in analyzing real life spatial remote sensing data from different sourcesand producing publications for international peer reviewed journals.
In this course, actual satellite remote sensing data such as Landsat from USGS and radar data from JAXA will be used to give a practical hands-on experience of working with remote sensing and understanding what kind of questions remote sensing can help us answer.
This course will ensure you learn & put remote sensing data analysis into practice today and increase your proficiency in geospatial analysis.
The course contains 3.5 hours of step-by-step videos lessons that will guide you through the process of becoming an expert in Google Earth Engine!
- Introduction to GEE
- Sign Up to GEE
- Exploring Google Earth Engine
- Explore Datasets of Google Earth Engine
- Satellite Datasets of GEE - The Catalog and the Code Editor
- Import Image Collections
- Display Images, a Landsat example
- Feature Collection and Vector Data
- Reading feature data from external sources
- Reading Shape Files
- Visualise Multi-band data
- Visualise Vector Data with Raster data
- Visualise Digital Elevation Models (DEM)
- Buffer Operator
- Clip Image on an vector
- Raster Values Categorisation
- Filter feature data
- Filter raster data
- Filter Landsat images based on path and row
- Apply spatial filters to raster images
- Socio-economic spatial analysis
- Slope and Aspect generation from DEMs
- Compute Zonal Statistics
- Interactively define a Region Of Interest
- Detect Edges using the Canny Filter
- Resampling of Raster data
- Change the spatial resolution of raster data
- Raster Arithmetics or Bands Math
- Vector to Raster conversion
- Export to CSV
- Export rasters
- Night Light Application
- Image Reduction
- Linear Fit Image Reduction
- Spectral Signature Visualisation over space and time
- Extract and visualise time series
- Downloadable Scripts to using in GEE
Satellite data processing using Google Earth Engine
Pre-processing methods for raster data and images
Pre-processing methods for vector data
Implement GIS techniques in Google Earth Engine
Account in the Google Earth Engine (instructions are given inside the course)
Basic knowledge GIS and Remote Sensing operations
Under/post graduate students
Professionals and Companies
Master students and PhD candidates
Researchers and Academics