Get started now!
Тhe course will introduce you to the most common ideas of spatial modelling in the context of working with data for the environment. You’ll be able to see examples of analysis performed in ArcGIS and download the data to exercise yourself. It was specially prepared and contains DEM, vector layers and everything needed for better understanding how all mentioned tools work.
Environmental modelling and analysis in GIS course will show you the basic ideas of spatial modelling and the most important steps you have to follow to create the best model in GIS. You will be able to see and perform on your own different analysis by using spatial data – elevation, slope, aspect, etc. You will also learn how to create hydrologically correct terrain model by using vector data and how to understand which territories you can observe while standing at one particular point. Different types of environmental data are going to be demonstrated in order to better understand how to perform the best modelling into GIS.
For taking this course the students must have a basic understanding of GIS, vector and raster data, geometry and attributes.
- Lesson 2: What is spatial modelling?
- Lesson 3: Steps to follow
- Lesson 4: Example – a complex problem modelled
- Lesson 5: Introduction to terrain modelling FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 6: What are contours?
- Lesson 7: Contours exercise
- Lesson 8: Types of digital elevation models
- Lesson 9: Data sources: ASTER GDEM
- Lesson 10: How to download ASTER GDEM
- Lesson 11: Working with ASTER GDEM in ArcMap
- Lesson 12: What is hillshade?
- Lesson 13: Visualizing hillshade in ArcMap
- Lesson 14: What is slope?
- Lesson 15: Slope visualization
- Lesson 16: Aspect
- Lesson 17: Introduction to Topo to Raster
- Lesson 18: Working with Topo to Raster
- Lesson 19: Viewshed analysis
- Lesson 20: CORINE Land Cover
- Lesson 21: CORINE Nomenclature
- Lesson 22: Working with CORINE data in ArcMap
- Lesson 23: NATURA 2000
- Lesson 24: 10 steps for better spatial modelling
- Downloadable Materials
Contours and DEM processing
Slope, Aspect, and Viewshed analysis
Basic GIS knowledge
Passion to learn geospatial modelling
Under/post graduate students
Professionals and Companies
Master students and PhD candidates
Researchers and Academics
Based on Block-chain Certificates of Completion
After you successfully finish the course, you can claim your Certificate of Completion with NO extra cost! You can add it to your CV, LinkedIn profile etc
Available at any time! Study at your best time
We know hard it is to acquire new skills. All our courses are self paced.
Online and always accessible
Even when you finish the course and you get your certificate, you will still have access to course contents! Every time an Instructor makes an update you will be notified and be able to watch it for FREE
Chief Assistant Professorjeny@pixmyplanet.com
Introduction to geospatial data visualizationLearn why big data is and visualisation is so important in the context of GIS and Map creation
Learn basic of world’s best GIS platform ESRI ArcGIS 10.xBecome an ArcGIS expert with this step-by-step video tutorial
Python Geospatial DevelopmentBuild Real life Geospatial Applications with Python